Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Spontaneous Getaway

We did something crazy this weekend. We left our sick kids on a moment's notice and went to Wyoming. This really isn't like us AT ALL! So how did it happen?



It was actually a "company retreat" for a little company that offered dh a job a few weeks ago. He really agonized over the decision, but in the end he turned the job down. They said they wanted to "wine and dine" him...I think it was really just to show him what he's missing out on. The people were all so friendly and fun! We stayed up late playing card games and laughing so hard that it hurt! The owner of the company cried he was laughing so hard! Then we stayed in our own little luxurious cabin! It was so cute and cozy! Dh loved the HUGE log bed. I loved the jetted tub...and spending time with him. Ahhh...I think I forgot what it was like to just sit and hold hands!

It was so fun to just leave our worries behind and hit the road. And it was good that it all happened so quickly. I didn't even have time to stress over it for days...all the packing, laundry, house cleaning, worrying about the kids, etc. I was a little surprised to find out that my MIL came and stayed the night while we were gone. I hope she enjoyed our messy home as much as I enjoyed the cozy cabin. LOL!

I'm convinced this would be a good place for dh to work. So, when can we do it again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to your blog with my bloglines...so come on girl...UPDATE!!! LOL!!