Monday, February 26, 2007

Parenting and Taxes

Disgusting! That's what it is. I won't go into too much detail, but my dd (who is 4 and has been potty trained for quite a while now), is suddenly having issues. Yesterday during church, again this morning during a play-date, and again already this afternoon. I hope this one passes quickly. And I know I'm not alone. Dh is with my on this one. He decided to take the kids swimming here last week while I went out for ladies night with some friends. Everyone was in bed by the time I got home. The next morning when I asked how the swimming adventure went, dh grumbled. He said Gracie kinda ruined the night. I guess they were all having fun at the pool until they saw "something small and brown floating in the water." Like I said, DISGUSTING! I'm glad I wasn't around for that one. Oh, the joys of parenting!

And speaking of parenting, dh and I have been taking some parenting classes this month. The teacher is a genius. She uses a lot of the same theories as the love and logic program, with her own little twists. My pediatrician recommended the love and logic book for early childhood when dd threw a full blown tantrum at her 2-year check-up. I liked the book, but dh didn't ever read it. It felt good to take the classes together. And listening to other parents talk about their parenting challenges and successes made me feel like we're normal parents.

We finally did our taxes this weekend. Well - actually dh did them. I wasn't too happy about it when he woke me up at 6:00 on Saturday morning to ask me a tax question. I was grumpy about it most of the day. We've been married 8 1/2 years now. You'd think that would be enough time for him to learn that I am NOT a morning person. I'd rather stay up until 3:00 am working on taxes, but please don't wake me up before 7:00 on a Saturday to do them. But I think I've forgiven him - and I am happy now that they're done! I'll be even more happy when that refund hits our bank account! We've been planning to use the money buy carpet and/or furniture for the basement. But now I'm dreaming of another trip to Disneyland. Dh said maybe we could go in March - if we get the basement done by then. That's a BIG IF!

And now I'm feeling really guilty for being frustrated with dd. While I've been sitting here typing - she's been busy writing me a love note.



What a sweetie! I guess I'll forgive her too.

No comments: