Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mice and Cinderella

Dallin rushed into the kitchen last night while I was cooking dinner and proudly announced, "Hey mom, I've got great news! I finally saw a real live mouse and he's HUGE and he's in our garage! I'm gonna go help dad catch him!" Great news? How could this possibly be great news? He then put on his mouse catching uniform - aka moon boots and a belt - and raced back out into the garage.

The huge mouse must have either been a fast mouse or a good hider, because they couldn't find it again. And now thanks to the little critter, I've had the heebie geebies all day. So right after dinner tonight dad and the 2 kids headed to the store for a mouse trap and some d-con. The trap has been set and now the waiting game begins. EEEWWWW! I can't even think about it.

So speaking of mice, have you seen Cinderella 3?


We bought it when it came out last month and my kids are loving it! They laugh hysterically EVERY time they watch it. It's quite entertaining to watch it with them. They have me laughing out loud right along with them. They think Jaq and Gus are so funny. (Maybe that's why Dallin was so excited to see one in real life - who knows?) Anyway, I haven't seen Cinderella 2, but I heard it was a flop. I thought 3 was really cute - a fun twist on the original. I'd recommend it.

Gracie has even dusted off the old Cinderella dress-ups and wants to wear them everywhere. I don't know why we buy the girl actual clothing. She basically eats, sleeps, and plays in her dress-ups or her pajamas. I get her dressed in the morning and she sneaks back into her room and slips into something a little more comfortable. It's a constant struggle to keep her dressed. She does wear normal clothes to school and to church - I have to draw the line somewhere! LOL!

I snapped some pictures of her sleeping last week on the couch in her Cinderella dress. I couldn't resist.


She's a crack-up. My parents came up today and she kept bugging Grandma to "come see what I can do on the computer." She then logged onto the internet, went to google, typed in "Ci", choose Cinderella 3 from the drop down list, entered the website she wanted, and gave Grandma a tour. Gracie showed her the pictures, games, coloring pages, sneak peeks, etc. and watched the clip of the music video - belting out all the words to "I Still Believe" the entire time. (Little show-off.) Grandma was impressed. I'm not sure what was more difficult for her to believe - that a 4-year-old can get around so well on the computer, or that her mother acutally lets her. Bad mother.
Oh well, now let's just hope that royal mousetrap does it's job - and soon!

No comments: