Thursday, March 06, 2008

Back to Life....Back to Reality!


We returned earlier this week from a 9-day vacation to Southern California and Disneyland. We had a blast, but now it's back to reality...laundry, grocery shopping, dinners, bills, homework, Relief Society, etc.

I came home to a few too many messages on the answering machine. DH just laughed when he saw how many there were and said, "Have fun with that. They're all for you!" Nice!

Then early this morning a sweet lady from church lost her husband, so now I'm busy planning a funeral luncheon for her family of 150. I love her dearly and I'm happy to help her and her family, but funerals always have a way of turning my life upside down.

Dallin finished almost all his make-up work from missing 5 days of school. He's working on a book about his trip to California, but he needs me to print some pictures before he can finish. I'll post some of them here and give a little update on our trip when I get them done. I've gotta get this funeral luncheon under control first.

It looks like I'll need another vacation soon to recover from the week I'm having. The to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer.

The weather in CA was unusually warm for this time of year...mid 80's a couple of days and upper 70's the others. That gorgeous sunshine made it that much more difficult to come home to our frigid 30 degree weather.

I took these pics before we left. This is the kind of weather we're enjoying back home. (Insert rolling eyes here.)

The snow is taller than our trampoline and almost as tall as the top of the slide on the kids' swingset. I was already wishing for Spring, but that warm California sunshine has made these freezing temps feel even colder than they did before we left.

Well, I guess I better get back to that growing to-do list.

As they say on the Winnie the Pooh ride, "Ta ta for now!"

3 comments:

Hollie and Colby said...

What an adorable picture of your cute kids. It's fun to see how much they look like you and your dear husband. I hope you had a fun time in Cali. You do so much of so many people... you deserve some respite once in a while!

Love you!

p.s. good job on keeping up the monthly post goal!

Hendricksonblog said...

So Angi P. thinks it is really funny that she has to go to my blog and then to Chad Simons to get to yours so I will add you to our page to alleviate her trouble. It looks like you guys had fun and I love Dallin and Gracies bottoms. I also love your snow (most people will want to slap me for that).
I understand the pain of returning from the 9 day siesta. All hell breaks loose and It seriously took me 3 1/2 weeks to catch up. Good Luck!!

Mama H. said...

Thanks, April. (I saw the link on her blog and discovered this fun way to see my grandkids and catch up a bit.) I'm not complaining, but it is certainly a well-kept secret. I don't understand the code names, but that's OK.
Glad you had a nice vacation. You certainly were overdue for a little r & r.
Mom