Monday, March 17, 2008

I Was SOOOO Mad!

Earlier today, I was so mad! I really was. And it was over something so silly. Then I saw Gracie's book sitting in a basket in the kitchen and it made me smile.

I felt just like the little critter in the book. He wanted to run away from home, but then his friends invite him to go play ball. He decides that maybe he'll run away tomorrow...if he's still mad.

So I put on some of my favorite Sunday music, snuggled the kids, and read stories to Gracie. Then I decided to stay up late and scrapbook. While I was at it, I decided to give the old a blog a makeover. I'm feeling MUCH better now. Maybe, just maybe I won't run away after all. At least not today.

Adam bought me a laptop for Christmas, but it has taken me a while to get it up and running so I could scrap on it. I still have a couple things to work out, but it looks like I'm back in business. These are the first pages I've scrapped since November or December.

Gina at Digital Design Essentials sent me her newest kit this morning and this is what I did with it:



Then I did this one:


This was the parent observation day in karate class. The kids got to break boards for the first time while we were watching. Dallin broke his on his first try. Shocking, I know.

It's now the middle of the night. I should really be sleeping since it looks like tomorrow is going to be another crazy day. I've got to get some eggs early tomorrow morning. Gracie needs hard boiled eggs for school and when I went to boil some, I discovered we had a single egg in the carton. Yay! It's also my morning to go to help in Dallin's class. He was home from church sick today, but I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be better tomorrow. We just received "the letter" from his school about his attendance record since we took him out for a whole week to go to Disneyland. What kind of a parent am I anyway?

Yup, I really needed that "scrap therapy" tonight.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Hey Heather...love the kit! I HAD to buy it! Great to see you blogging again. Do you know anyone(besides Camee) that are secret bloggers? Let me know!
See ya at our usual spot.
Melissa

The Wilsons said...

Love the cute blog makeover! Talented, talented you are! Love your soooooo mad story! Why? Because I've been there! So glad we're friends!

Suzann said...

What a great new look for your blog! It's awesome! I'm glad that you're feeling better. Your pages are so cute.