Monday, April 14, 2008

Goodbye Spring Break - Hello Spring

It's back to school today after a week of Spring Break. It was cold and snowy all week last week, so it didn't really feel like much of a Spring Break. But wouldn't you know it - it's nice and sunny today, now that the kids are back in school. Go figure! Ha Ha!

We had a sleepover at Grandma's house last week. The kids got to visit Grandma and Grandpa and play with cousin Kylee. I got to escape the ringing phone and housework, which was nice. And I even read a novel while I was there. Ahhhh!

We had talked about going to the zoo over Spring Break, but the weather wasn't really cooperating. So, I took the kids to do a couple of indoor activities instead. We went to Kangaroo Zoo - a place with inflatable slides, trampolines, and bounce houses. The kids had a blast slipping, sliding, jumping, and acting like wild animals.







At one point I was worried when I couldn't see Gracie anywhere. Dallin finally found her inside the inflatable castle. She was lying on the middle divider between two slides "taking a rest." Crazy girl!



We spent about 5 hours there, but the kids still weren't ready to leave. I bought a 10-punch card, so we'll probably go again soon.

We also managed a trip to the indoor pool. Adam joined us for that one and took us to dinner afterwards.



Snow and sickness aside, it was still nice to take a break from our normal routine for a few days.

2 comments:

The Wilsons said...

I was laughing today as I sent the kids to school with sunny weather! Sounds like your kids had fun! They are so cute. Love the pic of Dalin with his swim goggles. We hit Kangaroo Zoo too. Bought a ten punch pass also - funny!

Mama H. said...

I still maintain that I had the most fun of all playing with you and the kids. I felt it was a major accomplishment to watch you sit down and relax and read.
Love you all,

Mom