Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She Cracks Me Up!

This is Rose.

This was Rose a couple of weeks ago.


Gracie had her in a wooden box. She frequently puts toys in purses, buckets, bowls, baskets, etc. so I really wasn't alarmed...until this conversation...


Gracie: "Mom, look at Rose."

Me: "Oh that's cute honey." (I was a little distracted at the moment.)

Gracie: "You better get cooking - LOTS of food!"

Me: "Why's that?"

Gracie: "Because Rose died, and we're having a funeral!"


Um. OK! (I seriously laughed so hard.) There's probably another child out there somewhere who loves playing "funeral" with his or her stuffed animals. That child's parent is probably a mortician or something. Ha Ha Ha!

Can you tell that she has been a front row spectator at Relief Society events for most of her life?

8 comments:

Catherine Schulthies said...

Heather, that is so funny! Reminds me of the stuff my little ones did when I was RS pres. Just wondered if you might be coming to the digital retreat in Park City next weekend. I'd love to meet you.

Missy said...

That is sp funny I just about peed my pants! You really need to move so you can be released!

The Wilsons said...

Hmmmm. Could she be the daughter of a RS Pres? I'm dying! No pun intended. ;)

Christi said...

Oh my gosh- hilarious! And GREAT pics. Sounds like you've been making a few too many batches of "funeral potatoes" at your house lately...

islandmom said...

When we were little, my sisters and I used to play "meeting" cause that's what my mom did all the time in her calling...lol!!

Hollie and Colby said...

Heather....

I think its great that little miss gracie is viewing first hand your service. Colby was not raised with a culture like yours. When Patty died and the RS did a full dinner for all of the millions of members of our families-Colby was so touched... he kept saying this is "the kindest think I have ever seen"-- the rest of us were so used to RS service pattern that we took it for granted, in a way. So, the whole point of my long long post is to remind you that what you do with RS is sacred work--and though some take it for granted--it is something special in our cold cruel world...

Love you!

Suzann said...

Gracie is so sweet! I think that it is wonderful that you are such a great example to her. You are such a good person, and I know that all those people really appreciate your service. Something as simple as food means a lot when you are facing the loss of someone you love.

Mama H. said...

This is why Grandmas like me love the blogs so much. I loved the bear/food/Sophie stories, and the pictures are an added bonus that almost feel like being there. Love you all!