Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Out like a LION!

We woke up to new snow again this past weekend. Yesterday Dallin looked out the window on the way to school and after seeing MORE new snow said, "In like a lion, out like a lion. That's not right!" I couldn't agree more. We're ready for spring anytime Mother Nature wants to stop playing her cruel jokes on us.

Yesterday Gracie's class went on a field trip to the fire station.



I knew she Gracie was tall for her age, but I was cracking up when my friend Karen pointed out that she was towering over all the other kids. She can thank her dad for that!



Stand back - she's got the hose!





I've been battling sickness for a week now. Chills, headache, ear aches, and the worst sore throat I've had in over a decade. I haven't felt good all week, so I finally broke down and went in to see the Dr. today. The good news is that it wasn't strep...the bad news is that it just has to run it's course. The 800 mg of Ibuprofen isn't even touching the pain and there's no relief in sight. I've tried decongestants, cough drops, Chloraseptic, hot baths, etc., but nothing is helping to relieve the pain.

Any suggestions? I'm to the point that I'll try anything - well almost anything.

3 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Heather! I had no idea you weren't feeling well - that is the pits! The only thing I can get to take the chills and aches and pains away is Tylenol Flu. Have you tried that? Hope you get feeling better! Love your pics from the fire station!

Suzann said...

Cute cute pics of Gracie. That looks like a fun fieldtrip. They even let them use the hose! I'm so sorry that you're sick. It's hard getting enough rest to get better when you're a mom. Plus, I've noticed that because I'm the mom, I get more run-down and I'm always sick a lot longer. I hope that you feel better really soon.

islandmom said...

I am soooo sorry!! Salt water and STAY IN BED!!! Your blog design is adorable!!! If only I could figure out how to do this on mine!! Impressive! :)