Thursday, October 23, 2008

Almost a Vegetarian

Dallin and I were sitting in on Gracie's singing class this week while they were learning the lyrics to "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." There is a phrase in the song where the mom thinks the hippo is going to eat the kid up, but the teacher said hippos are vegetarians.

I guess vegetarian isn't a word that is used every day in Kindergarten or something because when Miss Jenn asked if anyone knew what a vegetarian was, Gracie was the only one sitting up tall in her seat and waving her hand wildly. I slumped down and braced myself for what I thought she was going to say...something about her mommy being a vegetarian. But NOOOO. That's not what she said at all. She proudly explained that a vegetarian is "someone who takes care of animals."

Close my dear. Very close.

It's good to know that my eating habits haven't scarred her for life - I'm sure I can make up for that with some of my other habits.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

love it! Gracie is a cutie

Unknown said...

That is so funny!!! Gracie is so cute- Are you doing a party for her b-day?