Friday, May 09, 2008

Bye Bye Training Wheels!

Dallin has never had an interest in riding his bike before. He always said he'd rather ride his scooter....or "maybe next year." We took his training wheels off a couple weekends ago, but we didn't have much luck getting him to ride. Today after school he asked me to help him practice. I think he was inspired by Hunter. (Either that or the circus rig really had an effect on him. LOL!) I helped him for a minute or two, then he hopped on his bike and basically took off riding on his own.

I knew Adam would be more excited that Dallin was. He lives to bike and I think it was killing him that his kid had no interest in it whatsoever. He left work a little early and told Dallin we were going out to dinner to celebrate. Next stop was the bike shop to get Dallin a new helmet just like dad's.

We went on a family bike ride after dinner and he was riding like an old pro. Now if we could just get Gracie riding...I have a feeling it's going to be a while.

6 comments:

Suzann said...

That is so exciting! It is so fun when they learn such big things. Good job Dallin! I need to get me a cool helmet like that one.

Hendricksonblog said...

I think Ella will be a while too. She rides down the road crooked, fully putting all balance on one training wheel. We like to say she goes for leisure rides!!!!

Missy said...

Hurray! I'm glad to hear that Adam has a new riding partner! 2008, the year the training wheels came off! Go Dallin, Hunter and Hannah...now lets get them all together!

susie said...

That's always such an exciting milestone for kids! Yea for Dallin!!!

Mama H. said...

Way to go, Dallin! He probably did research on matter/velocity/etc. and determined he would be able to accomplish this. Happy Day!

Chad said...

Awesome. We bought Tierra a bike two Christmas' ago, and she barely rides it with the training wheels on.