Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Flowers

So if April showers bring May flowers, what does a May snowstorm bring?

Yes, we woke up to more snow on the ground this morning. I've about given up on my daffodils and tulips this Spring. They just don't stand a chance with the weather we've been having.

Last week, Adam and Dallin went on a little guys only trip to Moab. We took Sophie home on Thursday night, so Friday I wanted to take Gracie out for a little one-on-one time. She's a big flower fan, so we decided to hit the tulip festival. We also did a little window shopping, and had dinner at Cafe Rio. (I'm so glad she loves the salad there as much as I do!)

Warning: LOTS OF PHOTOS AHEAD!

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.



Thanksgiving Point is having a photography contest from the tulip festival. The winner of each division gets an annual pass to Thanksgiving Point, so I was thinking that I might submit a photo in the amateur adult division. I know it's a long shot, but I figure it can't hurt to try - right?

So I need your help deciding - which picture (if any) should I submit? (You can click on the pictures to see them a little bit larger.) I'm leaning towards #s 2-5, but I really just can't make up my mind. I'd love to have some feedback! (Tomorrow, May 2, is the deadline to submit photos.)

5 comments:

Suzann said...

Amazing pictures Heather. You are a great photographer! I bet Gracie loved all the flowers. They are amazing. I sent you an e-mail.

Patty Montgomery said...

I wrote a big long comment which now it won't take. No time to repeat. Fabulous pictures. I vote for number 1 and number 5 and all of the rest. number one is favorite because of the magical lighting and the sft graceful Grace.

islandmom said...

I am noooooo help cause I like #1 :S sorry!!! I've been thinking about you today ;) :) Wish you were here!!!

Jessica Harrrison said...

I like #1, #2, and #4. Nice Job!

Missy said...

I hope i'm not too late...#4..love it!