Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Circus is in Town!

This is what our family bike ride looked like on Saturday.


Adam thought it was a good-looking rig. I told him it reminded me of a circus act.

When we started out on the bike ride, I was a good 100 yards behind the "rig" - partly because I was laughing so hard that I could barely pedal, and partly because I didn't want to be seen with the "rig." LOL! I know Adam doesn't mind, but personally I really don't enjoy calling attention to myself. And let's be honest, a "rig" like this isn't exactly subtle. I mean how could you NOT notice something like this cruising down the street?

I'm afraid our poor neighbors had no idea that they were moving in next to the 3-ring circus. I'm sure all the responsible adults just cringed when they saw us ride by. Some of them probably even started making plans to put their homes up for sale. Ha Ha!

But by Monday evening every kid in the neighborhood was waiting in line and begging for a turn on the circus bike. Another dad on the street even helped Adam attach a 2nd trailer to the rig so that it could accomodate a couple more passengers.



They went round and round, over jumps, through fields, and even through the sprinklers. The kids were raising their hands and screaming like they were riding a roller coaster.



Who needs Disneyland when Adam's around?

7 comments:

Suzann said...

I am laughing so hard just reading about it. That is too funny Heather! Adam is so much fun! It makes me miss hanging out with you both! Remembering the good old days.

Jessica Harrrison said...

Oh my gosh, I was just telling Powell about this last night. Soooooo funny!

Hendricksonblog said...

I bet people were wondering when you guys were going to quit having kids.......I feel like people are thinking that whenever I walk around with my 3 plus all the others I am tending sometimes. I feel like the Pied Piper but that circus rig definitely takes the cake on spectacle. It does look fun though, for the person not pedaling all that weight.

Missy said...

Holy Crap!!!!

I'm calling Super Nanny...I'm sure there is some code in the parent safety handbook Adam is breaking! lol so let me guess... joe or jack added the 2nd trailer! When I was little, the kids in the "hood" used to line up waiting for rides around the block on my dads motorcycle....but hands down Adam wins!

Jessica Harrrison said...

Is that even legal?

Christi said...

Adam needs to start charging for rides! Hilarious!

Mama H. said...

Cutest dad...and passengers...ever.